The Great Indian Mahabharata

Every possible pseudo intellectual is contributing their views to this great political drama happening since 2013. Every possible topics have been debated. Every possible politician has been tainted and their name maligned. Every Shehzadaa, Netaji and Damaadji have been abused. 1000's of अभ की बार , मोदी सरकार forwards later, here we are. Mumbai going to Polls on 24th April. The Final judgment day when my city votes. 22 years I have been waiting for this day. Ever since I came to know about my civic responsibilities in std 8th, I wanted to be a part of this dance of democracy. The proud moment of getting inked! I witnessed this great political exercise in Pune on 17th April 2014. My cousin brother had just turned 18, he hadn't bothered to get a Voter's ID card done. I remember how I had rushed to my nearest election commission sector to submit my form for an Election Card. It was a sign that we were Adults now. My brother had got WhatsApp forwards that we could still Vote without an Election card if we just showed them our Birth Certificates or an Age Proof, but that again proved to be false, like every other nonsense Forwards. In the meantime, we had great arguments about whom to vote for. Needless to say, I am a NaMo fan.. whereas, my brother who hadn't bothered to get himself registered for Voter's ID, again believed in some Stupid Statistical forward on AAP candidates and decided he was going to vote for AAP. Thank God, he wasn't allowed to Vote. Otherwise, that vote would have gone waste. We all know AAP doesn't stand a chance. At 18, I was not only politically aware, but I also keen on contributing to the democratic process in any possible way I could. Be it campaigning for the candidate I felt right, or casting my vote. I did vote for the Municipal elections, and when I casted my vote, I seriously hoped my Vote could make a difference. 
                 Anyhow, The point I want to make is.. Even if i get 100 of sms's by Sanjay Nirupam urging me to support his candidature and pray for him when he is filling is nomination, or by Congress mentioning they stand for unity and development and BhaiChara..
 it's not going to change the fact that my Vote will go for Modi. Here is one guy i know, who actually has the balls and audacity to challenge his critics and still stand high and give proof of the development he has made. Be the strong decisive leader that India has lacked all these 10 years. Draw a crowd of 3 lakh people on a working Monday in Mumbai ( a city where the so called "educated" people give a rat's ass who is standing from their constituency)  and emerge as a clear favourite to clinch the PM title. Had there been no Narendra Modi, even I wouldn't have voted for BJP, that's the kind of respect and awe and strength and power that man commands. For the first time in the history of Elections probably after the independence era has India seen such a wave which has gripped the entire country. I distinctly remember when I saw Obama's YES WE CAN speech. I was in my 11th grade and Political Science was my Fav subject. I was in awe of Obama and Wished a leader like him to govern my country.. where the Entire world will pause and give my PM a chance to make his points. To Shut UP all those tarnishing and maligning my Country's Image and show them what India is really Capable of. I see that in NaMo. People of Pakistan FEAR Modi because they know he's going to bring them to their knees. That's what i called having respect and Command from fellow countries. They are actually standing and making a note of this ChaiWalla, who is set to alter the history of India.  I don't care if he has a wife who he abandoned when he was young, all I care about is 5 years from now, will my country get better? Will all the filth from the Roads wash away? 
                Again, the pseudo intellectuals will argue on every point I have made. But hell with them, we have given enough time to the so called secularists. Its time India needs a change. Also, if Narendra Modi fails, i will be greatly disappointed and so will the million others who had put great trust in him.. but there's still time for that. Let's not be pessimists,shall we? Meanwhile.. let's lap in the great India Mahabharata as it unfolds before us.

Comments

Popular Posts