WHAT YOU WANT TO BE OR WHO YOU WANT TO BE?


Life is wonderful. Am I saying it because I have had a good day at work? Yes. Would I have said it some other time? I don't think so. Since I am interning at a news channel, every morning I leave home thinking - this is how I want me life to be in the next two months. Go to office, cover a fascinating story, do what's needed. Make a difference and come back home. Not many people understand the passion you have for things. Perhaps, that's the reason most parents don't often understand where you're coming from.

My life has changed in the last one year. I didn't think I would be at the juncture that I am, doing the things that I am doing, had I not taken some decisions in life. Do I regret it? Hell NO. The reason I find myself accepting my life and the person I am is because of the decisions I took. It was difficult, but it was life-changing. I would never want to go back to that life. A life where I had to be answerable for every single thing I did or did not do. The life I live now is on my own terms. I do what I want to do and how I want to do it. Am I guilty of not following the norms in the society? NO. I don't live by the rules. I don't think what my parents think is right for me. They don't really know what kind of thoughts I am exposed too. I have reached that stage where I have built this ideal about life.

It was the last day of print journalism lecture. Our professor, told us one thing which will stay with me till I die. The lines are as follows - You're at an age where you are idealistic about certain things. It's good to be idealistic, You will also have two thoughts- Who you want to be and what you want to be. At this age, you'll fight for what is right, you will voice your opinions about things and do things that you stand for. But as you grow old, you'll become cynical So, in the process of finding out what you want to be in life, don't forget WHO you want to be, Do you want to be the old cynical person who'll always complain, or you'll want to be that one person, who still stands and fights for change no matter what. I think, this is what defines my journey for the next 20 years.

For now, I am pretty sure What I want to be. I am still trying to figure WHO I want to be. I certainly don't want to be that cynical old hag (the role is too easy to play), but yeah, I wanna be someone who has an idea about where she stands in the world and the difference she can play.

Comments

Popular Posts